Since 1991, I have been a two-time breast cancer survivor who uses her speaking and writing skills; experiences; training; passion; and voice to advocate for research to end deaths from breast cancer; lobby for affordable, quality health care; and empower metastatic breast cancer patients to have the knowledge to interact with their healthcare provider, obtain the right tests, and make informed healthcare decisions as they live with metastatic breast cancer.
- ABC Global Alliance, Member of the Board of Directors, and Member, Planning Committee for ABC6 Conference
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Network, President since 2012.
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance, Founding Member, Chair from 2018-2020
- Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium, member, Patient Advocate Working Group and the AURORA US MBC Clinical Study
- “More Than Pink Hero” for “Significant Contributions to End the Fight Against Breast Cancer,” by Susan G. Komen 35th Anniversary, 2017
- “Champion of Change in Breast Cancer,” awarded by the Office of President Barack Obama, in Washington D.C., 2011
WHAT I'M WORKING ON
Managing your Mind
"Managing your Mind: Advanced Breast Cancer (ABC) patient experiences of stress, anxiety & depression & how to build psychological resilience" was presented to ABC6's Virtual Conference in November 2021, highlighting the scale of the challenge ABC patients face in dealing with psychological & mental health, and that experiencing anxiety and stress is natural when living with ABC.Link to program